our selection process
How does the selection process work?
- Applications should be submitted to Sasol by no later than 28 February 2013, for the 2014 academic year.
- Applications should be submitted online by using this website. Applicants who do not have internet access and do not have access to an internet cafe in their area may contact our Sasol Bursary Application Helpline at 086 010 6235 for support.
- All applicants short listed to attend an interview will be notified before mid March. Notification is done telephonically as well as via written correspondence.
- Selection interviews normally take place during the March/April public school holidays each year. Applicants will be required to attend a full day session where they will be assessed by means of a structured interview as well as psychometric tests.
- Applicants will be reimbursed for travel expenses to attend the selection day up to a maximum amount, as predetermined by Sasol.
- The outcome of the selection day is communicated to applicants by mid-May. Please note that no correspondence will be entered into prior to this date.
- Successful candidates will be provided with comprehensive documentation relating to the Sasol Bursary Scheme, as well as a written contract and other documentation for completion.
- Bursaries are awarded for commencement in the following academic year and no payments are made in respect of studies already completed.