Please Note: Applications are closed until further notice. Please visit this page regularly for information on the next intake.
- The YES (Youth Employment Service) Programme is a business-led collaboration with government. YES seeks to reduce youth unemployment across private and public sectors. The aim is to enable more youth to develop new skills and gain meaningful workplace experience, which will in turn significantly improve their chances of finding long-term employment.
- Sasol, as a signatory to the CEO Initiative, is committed to supporting efforts aimed at building an inclusive South African economy. To this end, Sasol is supporting the YES Programme, as part of the CEO Initiative.
- At Sasol more than 400 previously unemployed youth have been provided with an opportunity to gain work experience through the Sasol YES Programme.
What it is:
- YES is a programme of which the sole aim is to provide meaningful, quality work experience to previously unemployed youth.
- Jobs are created over and above any existing jobs.
What it is not:
- YES is NOT a Learnership or apprenticeship programme.
- YES is not an internship or a workplace experience component for the purpose of obtaining a qualification.
- YES is not a training programme.
Applications for the YES Programme are closed until further notice. Please visit this page regularly for information on the next intake.
What does the YES programme include?
YES Learners are required to sign a 12 month Non-Permanent Learner (NPE) full-time contract.
- This contract ends after 12 months without exception, unless a decision is made by the relevant department to absorb the learner into a permanent or normal NPE position.
- Sasol YES Learners are paid a monthly stipend.
- The Sasol YES programme entails a development plan aimed at assisting YES youth with essential skills.
Applications are closed until further notice. Please visit this page regularly for information on the next intake.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Applications by e-mail and/or not submitted via the Sasol bursaries website will not be considered.
Applications are currently closed. Please visit this page regularly for information on the next intake and guidance of where and how to apply.
- Candidates may apply through the various channels as communicated on adverts. (This page will also be updated with information on how to apply in March).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
- All applicant will receive an email confirming the outcome of their application.
- Successful candidates will be expected to start with the Sasol YES Programme in July.