Please Note: Applications are closed until further notice. Please visit this page regularly for information on the next intake.
The Sasol Graduate Development Programme is a corporate initiative that ensures that all graduates in the different disciplines conform to a high level of uniform standards in terms of orientation, training, development and exposure to the business processes. This programme is exclusively for our engineer/scientist in training candidates.
Sasol offers graduates an intensive 36 month long development programme that is rated one of the best in South Africa. The key differentiators of our programme are as follows:
Comprehensive: Entering graduates will be exposed to all relevant areas within the business with mandatory rotations being the key vehicle to achieve this, of which a minimum of one will be in operations.
Standardised: All graduate engineers and scientists entering Sasol will go through a formalised and structured development programme tailored to each discipline.
Competency driven: The programme’s effectiveness is determined by the competencies created in the entering graduates, therefore it includes regular assessments of graduates to steer and support their development.
Practice oriented: Programme design reflects the core belief that learning by doing is most effective. Therefore a minimum of 70% of graduates’ time is focused on practical on-the-job experience, 20% mentoring and coaching and 10% formal classroom training.
Aligned with business: Our line managers drive content and on-the-job training and embed the programme deeply across the organisation
Apply for a Sasol bursary during your studies
Majority of our Engineers and Scientist in Training candidates are sourced through our bursary programmes. Bursaries are available from 1st to 4th year of studies, although numbers are informed by business requirements in each level of study.
Apply for Engineer/Scientist in Training through our Graduate Recruitment Drive
Sasol runs a Graduate Recruitment Drive called a “Top Up” initiative. These opportunities become available when we have insufficient bursars joining the Graduate Development Programme in a particular year. These opportunities are advertised on this page as well as Sasol site. Please visit this page in June for further details on the Top Up Drive.
Minimum requirements for application
- Applicants must be in their final year of B.Sc. or B.Eng. degrees.
- Candidates who have completed their B.Sc. or B.Eng. degrees are also welcome to apply.
- Limited or no working experience.
- Candidates with exceptional academic records will be considered.
- Only South African citizens will be considered.
- No criminal record.
- Preference will be given to qualifying candidates residing in our fence-line communities as well as Sasol Foundation bursars.
- Three (3) year mandatory programme to ensure adequate development opportunities.
- Progress reviews bi-annually (also includes an adjustment to salary – depending on performance)
- Rotations across Sasol that enable full lens experience.
- Frequent and standardised assessments centered on competency.
- Fit-for-purpose training curricula.
- Continuous buddy and mentorship supports the programme.
Applications are closed until further notice. Please visit this page regularly for information on the next intake.
- Applications should be submitted to Sasol by no later than the specified closing date in July, for the following academic year.
- Applications should be submitted online only.
- Applicants, who do not have internet access or access to an internet café in their area, may contact our Sasol Bursary Application Helpline at 086 010 6235 for support.
- All applicants short-listed to attend an interview will be notified telephonically as well as via written correspondence.
- Only selected individuals will be invited to interviews that will be held in August.
- Verification will be done on all qualifications as well as security checks.
- All candidates who apply will receive communication on their application status by the end of October.