The Sasol University of Technology Bursary Programme boasts an all-inclusive bursary package, that offers more than just funding. This unique programme offers University of Technology bursars to complete their academic requirements (S1 – S4) at a University of Technology and practical training aspects (P1,P2 if applicable) – which takes place at Sasol.
These bursaries are awarded only for studies in the following Engineering study fields.
Engineering: Process Instrumentation, Electrical Engineering, Mine Surveying and Mechanical Engineering.
Learners who have completed or are currently in Grade 12 must have achieved the following minimum marks
Candidates who are already studying towards the diploma/degree course cannot apply for this opportunity as we only award University of Technology bursaries to S1 or first year students.
The Sasol bursary is a comprehensive bursary which includes the following:
- 100% of the prescribed University of Technology tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees.
- An amount equal to the average rate for accommodation in a single room at a University of Technology residence at which the Sasol bursar is studying. This rate is determined by Sasol in conjunction with the university.
- An amount for meals based on three meals per day, as determined by the University of Technology.
- An amount of approximately R12 000,00 per annum, towards book and pocket money.
- Prescribed tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees are paid directly to the University of Yechnology.
- Students will be required to pay for any repeat subjects.
- Fees for accommodation are paid directly to the University of Technology if the student is staying in university-administered accommodation.
- In cases where the student elects to stay in non-university administered accommodation, monies in lieu of accommodation and meals will be paid directly to the individual. In such instances, the amounts will be limited to that prescribed in point 3 above.
- Book and pocket money will be paid directly to the individual.
- Payments in respect of the above are made twice a year. The first payment is made at the beginning of the first semester, and the second payment is made at the beginning of the second semester.
- Full details of the payment process and the requirements which must be met are communicated to successful applicants once a bursary has been awarded.
- Successful applicants will be bound contractually to work at Sasol after graduation for a period equal to the tenure of the bursary.
Steps to follow when completing the bursary application form.
- Click here to apply or visit the About Us page, find the Now Open block and select Click Here to Apply
- Select Register
- Fill in the required details
- Click on Create New Account
- You will receive an activation email, click on Activate Account
- It will lead you to screen to verify your email and to create a password
- Upon creation, you will be back on the login page
- Enter your email and password
- You have logged in
- Click on South African Bursary Application ( Top Left Corner)
- Click on Undergraduate Applications
- Supply required information
- Read the disclaimer
- Accept the disclaimer to proceed by clicking on the white button turning it blue
- You can exit the page once you receive a response on your application (which will also be emailed to you)
- Click on Login
- Supply login information
- The form will take you to the section you have not completed
- Click on Request New Password
- Supply email address you registered with
- A password reset will be mailed to original registered email address
- Once you receive your password via email, continue with login process
- Make sure to fill in required sections
- Each completed section will have a blue mark on the navigation at the top
- The Save and Continue button allocated at the bottom of each section enables you to save your data. Click on this button before you exit or continue to the next section.
- If a section is incomplete and you click Submit, the page will give you error messages.
- You may log out from the application form and use the login screen to complete your application form at a later stage before date of closure. You will not be able to edit sections that you have submitted. If you need to make changes to sections email Berlyne.Rasool@adcorpgroup.com for assistance
Submit Application Form
- Only once you have completed all required information, you will be allowed to submit your bursary application. Remember to click on the button to accept the disclaimer.
- If you have any queries contact 0860 106 235 or email Berlyne.Rasool@adcorpgroup.com
- University of Technology applications should be submitted by no later than 30 April 2020, for the 2021 academic year.
- Applications should be submitted online only.
- Applicants who do not have internet access or access to an internet cafe in their area, may contact our Sasol Bursary Application Helpline at 086 010 6235 for support.
- All applicants short-listed to attend an interview will be notified by the end of May 2020. Notification is done telephonically as well as via written correspondence.
- Selection interviews usually take place during the June/July public school holidays each year. Applicants will be assessed by means of a structured panel interview as well as psychometric tests and therefore it will be required of them to stay over in Secunda for one night.