Sasol is pleased to announce a call for New Applications for Sasol Postgraduate Bursaries for the 2022 Academic year.
To support economic growth demands in South Africa and to satisfy our own requirements for highly skilled postgraduates in the science and engineering disciplines, Sasol awards postgraduate bursaries for M.Sc., M.Eng. and PhD. studies in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
These awards will be made for postgraduate research supporting Sasol and South Africa’s energy and circular economy transition, through application of the following core disciplines:
- Analytical Chemistry – Advanced techniques for analysis of organics or inorganics, gases, liquids, or solids
- Environmental Science & Engineering – Water, Waste and Air research seeking to reduce the environmental footprint of industrial processes
- Sustainable Catalysis – towards sustainable feedstocks, products, and processes
- Reactor Engineering – Reactor development, design, and catalyst engineering
- Process Modelling & Data Science – Advanced reaction and process simulations, systems modelling
- Separations – Including physical, chemical, and thermal separation processes
Applicants need not have a formal project proposal ready but should know in which area of chemistry or chemical engineering they would like to study and should be able to discuss possible topics which would support the current sustainability imperatives.
Successful candidates will engage with Sasol technical experts and academic supervisors to finalise a project proposal.
Students interested in an Honours Degree or 4th year studies should apply under South African Undergraduate studies, with the relevant year of study.
SASOL AND NRF CALL FOR RESEARCH PROPOSALS ON SOLUTIONS TO ENABLE SOUTH AFRICA’S ENERGY TRANSITION AND GREEN ECONOMY
Here’s the link for more information: https://www.sasol.com/media-centre/media-releases/sasol-and-nrf-call-research-proposals-solutions-enable-south-africa-s
The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are:
- Postgraduate bursaries awarded are for full-time studies
- B.Sc. Hons year, B.Eng. 4th year or final year master’s degree
- Minimum of 65% average in Hons/4th year
- South African citizen (have an ID number)
- Post-graduate study at a South African university
- Exceptional academic record
- No criminal record
- A package that covers 100% of academic costs.
- Sasol postgraduate bursars get a monthly stipend for the duration of their studies, from which they pay for registration, tuition, accommodation and all expenses related to their studies.
- Access to Sasol technical mentors for support during studies
- Once finished with their studies, Sasol postgraduates have the opportunity to join the Sasol Graduate Development programme as a Scientist-in-Training or Engineer-in-Training.
Steps to follow when completing the bursary application form.
- Click here to apply or visit the About Us page, find the Now Open block and select Click Here to Apply
- Select Register
- Fill in the required details
- Click on – Create New Account
- You will receive an activation email, click on Activate Account
- It will lead you to screen to verify your email and to create a password
- Upon creation, you will be back on the login page
- Enter your email and password
- You have logged in
- Click on South African Bursary Application (Top Left Corner)
- Click on Postgraduate Applications
- Supply required information
- Read the disclaimer
- Accept the disclaimer to proceed by clicking on the white button turning it blue
- You can exit the page once you receive a response on your application (which will also be emailed to you)
- Click on Login
- Supply login information
- The form will take you to the section you have not completed
- Click on Request New Password
- Supply email address you registered with
- A password reset will be mailed to original registered email address
- Once you receive your password via email, continue with login process
- Make sure to fill in required sections
- Each completed section will have a blue mark on the navigation at the top
- The Save and Continue button allocated at the bottom of each section enables you to save your data. Click on this button before you exit or continue to the next section.
- If a section is incomplete and you click Submit, the page will give you error messages.
- You may log out from the application form and use the login screen to complete your application form at a later stage before date of closure. You will not be able to edit sections that you have submitted. If you need to make changes to sections email Berlyne.Rasool@adcorpgroup.com for assistance
Submit Application Form
- Only once you have completed all required information, you will be allowed to submit your bursary application. Remember to click on the button to accept the disclaimer.
- If you have any queries contact 0860 106 235 or email Berlyne.Rasool@adcorpgroup.com
- All applications should be submitted before close of business of the application closing date.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Applications by e-mail and/or not submitted via the Sasol bursaries website will not be considered.
- Applications should be submitted online only.
- Applicants, who do not have internet access or access to an internet café in their area, may contact our Sasol Bursary Application Helpline at 086 010 6235 for support.
- All applicants short-listed to attend an interview will be notified.
- Selection virtual interviews will take place during October.
- Applicants will be assessed online by means of a structured panel interview as well as presentations on the applicant’s research proposal.
- All applications should be submitted before close of business of the closing date.