The Sasol Technician Development Programme (TDP) provides a structure that will ensure that the development of all Technicians/Technologists in Training in the different disciplines conforms to a high level of standards in terms of orientation, training, development, evaluation and exposure to the business processes.
The objectives of the programme are:
- Equipping the Technicians/Technologists in Training with the applicable foundational leadership, managerial, technical and life skills required to excel in the workplace, according to the Sasol requirements.
- Ensuring that Technicians/Technologists in Training are developed in such a manner that they effectively comply with any applicable legislation or requirements from professional bodies or relevant external influences. Registration is elective and licenses will be paid by the individual.
- Achieving greater training and development data and content through information and knowledge sharing in a blended learning approach whereby various types of learning take place – class room training, self-study, workplace practical execution, workplace coaching and project work.
Apply for one of these exciting Graduate Opportunities before 15 September 2021 on the link below.
Engineers in Training
Data Scientist in Training
There are two ways to join our TDP:
1. Apply for a Sasol bursary during Grade 12
Our University of Technology bursaries can be accessed by those in matric or who have completed matric but have not started with their first year of the B.Eng. Tech./Diploma.
Candidates wishing to apply for the bursary must have a minimum of the following marks:
- Mathematics level 5 ( 60%)
- Physical Science level 5 (60%)
- English level 5 (60%)
2. Apply for the Technician in Training Programme when positions become available
Candidates who meet the minimum requirement s of the Technician in Training positions, may apply on www.sasol.com/careers for positions which may become vacant. These candidates can also join the TDP once appointed within Sasol.
- A comprehensive programme to ensure adequate development opportunities S1 – S4 completed at a university
- S1 – S4 completed at a university
- P1 and P2 done at Sasol (to meet both university requirements and Sasol requirements) = 1 year
- Registration as Candidate Technicians with ECSA
- Progress reviews annually (also include an adjustment to salary – depending on performance).
- Frequent and standardised assessments centered on competency.
- Fit-for-purpose training curricula.
- Continuous buddy and mentorship supports the TDP.
Applicants wishing to apply for a Sasol bursary, can visit the Sasol bursaries tab and select University of Technology bursaries for a step by step guide.
All applications should be submitted before close of business of the application closing date.
Incomplete or late applications, applications by e-mail and/or not submitted via the Sasol bursaries website will not be considered.
Alternatively if you have completed you Diploma in Engineering, please visit www.sasol.com/careers regularly for positions that may be available.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Applications by e-mail and/or not submitted via the Sasol bursaries website will not be considered.
- University of Technology applications should be submitted to Sasol by no later than 17 September, for the following academic year.
- Applications should be submitted online only.
- Applicants who do not have internet access or access to an internet café in their area, may contact our Sasol Bursary Application Helpline at 086 010 6235 for support.
- All applicants short-listed to attend an interview will be notified telephonically as well as via written correspondence.
- Applicants will be assessed by means of a structured online panel interview as well as online psychometric tests.